The mission of the Boulder County Latina League (BCLL) is to offer support to high school graduates seeking a college degree. As part of our mission, we encourage all applicants to participate in activities that support other Latina/o students and the Hispanic community.
1. All applications must be postmarked NO LATER THAN APRIL 15th, 2013.
2. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
1. Applicant must be a Boulder Valley School or St. Vrain Valley School District graduating or graduated student.
2. Applicant will be attending college for the upcoming academic year.
3. Current college student applicants must have a 2.5 grade point average.
1. Completed Student Information Form.
2. Completed response to essay questions (must be typed).
3. Current copy of transcript with GPA
4. Two letters of recommendation (either from a counselor, teacher/advisor and a community representative).
5. Once you have registered for classes, please send Impact on Education proof of your class registration, including your Student I.D. and school address. (Can be submitted separately from application). Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the college or university. SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS WILL NOT BE MAILED WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION
1. All scholarship recipients are expected to attend the Scholarship awards ceremony. Any change to this requirement requires notification and approval of the Latina League.
2. All scholarship recipients will communicate with their Latina League mentor once per semester.
Please Note: Students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA forms by March 1, 2013. If student is planning on attending CU, FAFSA forms are due by March 30, 2013.
2013-2014-Scholarship Application Click this link for application, student information form & essay questions!
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Boulder County Latina League
C/o Impact on Education
728 Front Street, Suite A
Louisville, CO 80027
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
Elevations Foundation Scholarships for higher education
Each year Elevations Foundation, the charitable giving arm of Elevations Credit Union provides scholarships to graduating seniors. In 2012 Elevations Foundation provided in excess of $135,000 in scholarships for higher education; all of which were needs-based. Scholarship offerings can be found at https://www.elevationscu.com/elevations-community/elevations-foundation/grants–scholarships
Other Impact on Education Scholarships available:
Dennie & Donna Wise Scholarship
Established by Dennie Wise and his children in memory of Donna. The scholarship annually awards a $1,000 two-year scholarship. Award Criteria: qualifying BVSD high school seniors for post-graduate study at vocational, community or technical colleges. Impact on Education determines the number of scholarships awarded each year.
Independent Order of Odd Fellows
Founded in Baltimore, Marylandin 1819, this organization has been organized for the purpose of giving aid to those in need and supporting those pursuing projects for the benefit of mankind. As the first American fraternity to include both men and women, Odd Fellows also pioneered by becoming the first fraternal organization to establish homes for seniors and orphaned children. The Boulderchapter annually budgets $10,000 to fund $1,000 renewable scholarships to qualifying BVSD high school seniors. Impact on Education is honored to administer the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Scholarship.
Scholarship offerings can be found at http://impactoneducation.org/programs-for-students/scholarships